Private Swim Lessons
Updated Apr 13, 2021
We're excited to announce a phased reopening of JCC private swim operations! We are now offering 30-minute private swim lessons for children and adults age 3 and up in both the Main and Training pools.
Please note that the JCC’s pool is not operating at full capacity due to Covid restrictions and public health guidelines. We appreciate your understanding that we may not be able to guarantee preferred schedule or instructor availability at this time; however, we will do our best to accommodate you. Please read the following information carefully to determine whether now is the right time for your swimmer to return to the JCC pool, and to learn how to request lessons.
If you are interested in booking lessons for this spring, please complete this private swim request form. Our Personal Services team will make every effort to fulfill your request, or contact you with alternatives, along with information on how to finalize your reservation.
All swimmers and parents/caregivers will be subject to JCC health and safety protocols, including timed lesson reservations, health declarations, and temperature checks upon building entry. During the lesson, our instructors will minimize contact to the safest extent possible, depending on swimmers’ abilities. Instructors will keep their faces above the water and will be wearing masks or shields at all times.
- Private swim instruction will take place daily in the Main Pool from 3-5:30 pm and in the Training Pool from 1:30-5:30 pm.
- One parent/caregiver may accompany a swimmer to the pool deck, and will be subject to all JCC health and safety protocols. (no siblings)
- Locker room showers and towel service are currently unavailable.
- Swimmers must bring their own towels, a swim cap (required) and use the on-deck showers for a pre/post-swim rinse.
- The 5th floor locker room is limited to quick changes, bathroom use, and pool deck access only. Locker room showers are currently unavailable.
- Masks must be worn by all swimmers and parents/caregivers in the JCC building at all times outside of the water, including the pool deck, bathrooms and locker rooms.
- We have a 24-hour cancellation policy for all cancelations that are not illness related. Please contact the instructor directly.
As we anticipate a large volume of requests for a limited lesson availability during this first phase or reopening, your patience is appreciated. It may take several weeks for the JCC to process every request. We will do our best to accommodate you.
We look forward to seeing you back on the pool deck at the JCC!