Adult Swim Classes
New to the water, looking for water aerobics, or hoping to learn new ways to enhance your stroke technique? We have the right classes for you! The JCC offers a variety of adult swim classes, including:
- Learn-to-swim Adult Swim Clinics: In our Beginner 1 & 2, and Intermediate/Advanced Swim Clinics work on learning to swim or building stroke technique with our great instructors who plan each class around the swimmer's current abilities.
- Freestyle Swim Clinic: Our Advanced Freestyle Swim Clinic is for swimmers looking to work on their freestyle stroke technique, form, and endurance! Work with our expert coaches on drills to develop your core strength, stroke timing, and stamina, and work towards a more efficient swim! Classes will include a mix of drills, instruction, and continuous swimming.
- Arthritis Water Exercise: Are you coping with arthritis or looking for a gentle water exercise class? These programs are designed to improve all aspects of fitness without joint stress. Our Beginner Level class is for those who are looking for a slow-moving exercise class. Our Advanced Level Arthritis Exercise class incorporates more active exercises that focus on resistance in the water to help strengthen muscles and joints.
- Aqua HIIT: Looking for a fun and different way to exercise? Aqua HIIT takes all the advantages of HIIT (high-intensity interval training) and adapts it for the pool, ensuring an amazing full-body workout! A perfect way to stay heart healthy & boost your immune system, this cardio and strength-training workout will keep you moving, work up a sweat, and have you coming back for more!
- Cardio Splash: Looking for ways to add cardio workouts to your routine? Check out Cardio Splash! This class uses the resistance of the water to help improve cardiovascular fitness, endurance, flexibility, and strength! It will keep you moving from start to finish, and is adaptable for any fitness level.This class is adaptable for any fitness level, no previous experience required.
- Aqua Barre: Influenced by ballet, Pilates and yoga, our Aqua Barre class is adapted to be unique, challenging, and effective in water. Participants can expect a medium-intensity workout focusing on all planes of movement and a variety of positions for a full body strength workout. Utilizing the side of the pool like a ballet barre, this class incorporates isometric movements while being low impact on bones and joints. Adaptable for any fitness level, no previous experience is required for this class.
- NEW! Aqua Kickboxing: Take the benefits of kickboxing into the water with our NEW! Aqua Kickboxing class! Swimmers wear HYDRO-FIT cuffs for shallow water with Speedo boxing gloves for a dynamic and fun water cardio experience! Designed for all levels of fitness, Aqua Kickboxing incorporates boxing and kicking movements in the water. This class offers a fantastic ab workout, great cross-training and a big calorie burn without the impact. Aqua Kickboxing is an excellent way to develop agility, balance, strength and endurance. Aqua Kickboxing will give you the workout of champions!
- NEW! Water Warrior Boot Camp: Unleash your inner warrior and train like a champ! Welcome to our Hydro Boot Camp aimed at delivering a full body workout that leaves you stronger each and every time! Let us help you meet and exceed your fitness goals with water workouts that combine various types of resistance and cardio training. Swimmers will use a variety of water weights, resistance gloves, and more all while working and toning each and every muscle group! We can't wait to see you poolside!
For more information on Adult Aquatic Programs, please contact Jannina Marie Galarza-Londoño at 646.505.4317, firstname.lastname@example.org
The JCC's pool staff welcomes you with open arms and expert instructors. Our classes are designed to help you gain confidence in the water, and are grouped by level of proficiency.