Discussion Groups for Modern Agers
Are you seeking a community for lively and intelligent debate? Are you seeking interesting classes on a wide variety of topics? At the JCC, there are many opportunities to learn and discuss with your fellow older adults. Whether you would like to learn about a subject you’ve never thought about or want to discuss topics on which you’re already an expert, there’s a place for you at the JCC.
Discussion group offerings include:
- Foreign Affairs
- Social + Political Issues
- Informal Lunch + Discussion
- Israel Update
- Talking Justice with Ruth Messinger
Educational lecture offerings have included:
- Rock N' Roll: Songs of the 1950s and 1960s
- Women in American Jewish Music
- Science Beyond Einstein
- The Inca Empire
- Artificial Intelligence
- Life Cycle Wisdom
- Jews in Baseball
Testimonials from Social + Political Issues group participants:
- It's been a great group. I have been coming for years.
- Everybody gets along despite differences in political, social, and economic positions.
- We all learn from one another.
- There's a saying that you shouldn't talk about religion and politics, and it's great to have found a place to talk about both.
- I knew I wanted a place like this—I didn't know just how badly I wanted it, especially in this day and age. It's a great pleasure to have found it.
- I needed a place to express myself.