NYC Vaccination Mandate for Age 5 and Up
Dear JCC Families,
On Tuesday, December 14, NYC COVID-19 vaccination requirements for children aged 5 and up take effect for indoor fitness, dining, and entertainment venues, as well as certain extracurricular activities, including all sports and dance.
We’re writing to confirm the JCC’s compliance with this mandate for all children’s swim, athletics, ballet, and Bold Pop classes. All children age 5 and up enrolled in any JCC program in our building must be fully vaccinated.* While we recognize that the NYC guidelines relate specifically to fitness, entertainment, and certain extracurricular activities, we have decided to make this an institutional building policy as the best way to ensure wellness in our community.
Proof of vaccination for children aged 5 and up
- Children aged 5 and up participating in any JCC extracurricular activities must show proof of full vaccination
- Please note that vaccination policies for summer programming, including our camps, will be confirmed closer to the 2022 summer season.
- Parents and caregivers can upload a copy of your child’s vaccination proof here (it will be viewed by your program director) or you may show your proof directly to your child’s class instructor, who will make note of it and issue a keychain that can be placed on your child's bag to indicate vaccination status for easy entry into our building.
- Acceptable proof of vaccination includes a CDC issued vaccination card, the New York State Excelsior Pass, the Clear Health Pass, or the NYC COVID Safe App
- Children turning 5 during the program season will have 60 days following their birthday to become fully vaccinated* and provide proof to the JCC in order to remain in the class.
Mask policy reminder
Masks are required in the building for adults, children over 2, instructors, and any support staff present regardless of vaccination status in all classes and programs (except when in the pool or showers). JCC Health Club members are not required to wear masks within the Health Club once vaccination status has been noted in one’s account. JCC staff will also continue to wear masks.
Your cooperation with our health and safety protocols is appreciated. If you have questions or concerns about the timeline as it pertains to your child, please reach out to an individual program director (listed below). Should you have questions about your membership account, please email email@example.com. We trust that the steps that the city and the JCC are taking to ensure the health and safety of our community will provide greater peace of mind for all. It has been a pleasure seeing so many of you and your children return to the JCC this fall, and we’re looking forward to your participation throughout the winter/spring season and beyond.
Program directors are happy to speak with you. Please email:
Aquatics, Infants + Young Children: Caitlin Boker
Aquatics, School-Age: Elana Pici
Music, Dance, Pre-nursery: Yael Kahn Pinto
After School Clubhouse: Nick Goutman
Camps: Genna Singer
The Saul and Carole Zabar Nursery School: Alicia Stoller
*"Fully vaccinated" per CDC guidelines means 2 weeks have passed since receiving the second dose of an FDA- or WHO-authorized double-dose vaccine, or the sole dose of an FDA- or WHO-authorized single-dose vaccine.